The Hotel Bristol, at the heart of Alsace
Regardless of the season, you can benefit from several days in Mulhouse in order to explore the city and the region. A living heritage nourished by undulating countryside, punctuated by savoury vineyards, festive traditions, remarkable know-how - traditional, industrial and technological -… Alsace welcomes you!
Mulhouse, a historic city
It all really started during the 12th century, under the aegis of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa. Mulhouse, a medieval city which became the “French Manchester” during the 19th century, is different from other Alsatian towns because of its industrial and economic dynamics, symbolised by numerous factories.
Mulhouse is characterised today by a historic, industrial and architectural richness, with Roman baths, museums, parks and gardens. An absolute must in Alsace. From the Hotel Bristol located in its centre, stroll through the city and discover its treasures.
Would you like to explore Mulhouse and its region differently? Reserve a Greeter Greeter (48 hours in advance), one of the passionate volunteers who want you to discover their city in an authentic, convivial and free-of-charge manner.
Museums and discoveries
Alsace boasts a very rich historical, cultural and economic heritage.Discover our know-how transmitted from generation to generation which continues to be the pride of our region. A remarkable living heritage to be shared among friends or family. The Cité de l'Automobile, the largest museum of its kind in the world, is a must!
- Cité de l’Automobile 3 min from the hotel - National Museum Schlumpf Collection - Mulhouse
- Cité du train - French Railway Museum – Mulhouse
- EDF Electropolis Museum EDF Electropolis Museum 10 min away – Mulhouse
- The Museum of Printed Textiles 10 min away - Mulhouse
- Zoo and Botanical Garden Zoo and Botanical Garden 10 min away - Mulhouse
- Stork Reintroduction Centre - Wuenheim 24 km
- Florival Museum (Théodore Deck Collection) - Guebwiller 24 km
- Ecomuseum of Alsace and Bioscope Ecomuseum of Alsace and Bioscope – Ungersheim 18 km
- Textile Museum Textile Museum – Husseren-Wesserling 35 km
- The House of Energies The House of Energies – Fessenheim 32 km
- Unterlinden Museum Unterlinden Museum – Colmar 42 km
- Bartholdi Museum Bartholdi Museum – Colmar 42 km
- The Beyeler Foundation Beyeler Foundation 25 min away - Basel
- Tinguely Museum 25 min away - Basel
More information More information
To prolong your evening, the cinema Le Palace is only a stone's throw from the Hotel Bristol. Lovers of shows and entertainment (dance, theatre…) will prefer La Filature located at 20 Allée Nathan Katz.
This is the oldest wine route in France. Its flagship? White wine. Explore the 170 kilometres and 73 municipalities with true hidden gems. Superb scenery, interspersed by vineyards as far as one can see, medieval villages, castles… More than a route, an initiation and gourmet trip to discover a unique terroir.
The hotel Bristol is the ideal starting point for a discovery of the Alsace wine route. From spring to autumn, participate in all the wine and harvest festivals organised. True moments of popular joy and sharing.For more information